Nanomechanics has an opening for a Logistics Specialist in Oak Ridge TN to work with our production department. Nanomechanics is a growing company in a growing market engaged in new and interesting product development.
Nanomechanics Inc. serves customers around the world by providing instrumentation to test materials in a wide range of industries including electronics, automotive, polymers, aerospace, coatings, and batteries. Our customers range from academic and research institutes to industrial customers who use our products to develop innovations on the nanoscale.
Job Functions and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree with 2 years’ experience in Logistics Operations or Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
- Manage Inventory & Warehouse Locations. Knowledge of MRP systems is a plus
- Familiar with International and Domestic shipping documents & procedures
- Ability to ensure cost-effective negotiations with Agents, Brokers, and Freight Forwarders
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Import/Export laws pertaining to incoming/outgoing orders
- Detail oriented
- Possess good people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to write effective work instructions
Nanomechanics has a great internal culture with high employee retention rates. We offer competitive benefits including health, dental, vision and 401k plans.